Who We Are:
The Alliance for Decision Education (“the Alliance”) is a non-profit education organization leading the growing call to have decision-making skills taught in schools across the country by 2030. Increasingly, teachers, parents, and business leaders all are advocating for students to learn the skills for good decision-making, improving their lives and those of others around them. We are dedicated to the understanding that better decisions lead to better lives and a better society. Our mission is to improve lives by empowering students with essential decision skills. For more information, please visit www.AllianceForDecisionEducation.org.
The Alliance for Decision Education is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates diversity, promotes equity, and encourages inclusivity. We are committed to building and fostering a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more diverse we are, the better our work will be, and the more impact we will have.
Reporting to the Director of Communications and working closely with the Marketing Associate, the Social Media Strategist will be part of a dynamic Communications team working to build awareness of and support for Decision Education. We are seeking a creative, entrepreneurial, and accomplished social media expert who can take our emerging social footprint and grow it into a magnetic presence through rich and engaging content, creative strategies, and innovative ideas. While our aim is to build broad awareness, our key target/user audiences are teachers and parents.
The position can be partially or fully remote initially, but we strongly prefer that the Social Media Strategist mainly work from the Alliance office in Bala Cynwyd, PA once the organization deems it safe to return to the office. For exceptional candidates, we will consider long-term remote work.
- Develop and lead the execution of a social media strategic plan aimed at building Alliance equity and engagement in our mission.
- Create compelling, engagement-rich, and timely content and strategy aimed at making Decision Education understood by a broad audience and our mission a movement to support. This includes educational content for teachers and parents, working in collaboration with the Education team and colleagues in Communications.
- Be a strategic partner in the organization's broader communications, outreach, and partnership-building work.
- Based on the Alliance’s key target audiences, lead the strategic approach for key social media channels, including but not limited to: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Youtube.
- Own a robust content calendar for each channel
- Shape and manage an online advertising and marketing strategy to drive awareness and interaction with the Alliance and key programs/initiatives, including our Podcast
- Own the social analytics of each channel to ensure traffic, engagement, and follower growth.
- Monitor responses, interact with followers, and engage with the other, related social communities and like-minded organizations to amplify mutual work.
- Experience and Skills:
- 5+ years of experience in social media strategy, management, execution, and engagement, working across Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Youtube, and Instagram
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills; comfortable translating complex concepts into compelling copy
- Proven track record of growing engagement
- Strong and proven background in creative content development and design (images, campaigns, video, etc.) and ability to tailor for specific channels
- Data-driven approach and proficiency in social metrics
- Strong understanding of Google Analytics; certification is preferred, but not required.
- SEO experience is preferred but not required
- Experience creating and/or hosting short-form videos is preferred, but not required.
- Experience working with educational organizations and teachers is preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of or experience with Decision Education or related fields is a plus.
- General Attributes
- Collaborative team member with a passion for the mission and the success of the organization
- Strategic thinker with strong execution skills
- High energy and integrity; gracious professionalism; and strong interpersonal skills
- Responsible and conscientious, with solid attention to detail
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial attitude and the imagination and ability to initiate and innovate
- Actively open-minded and intellectually curious; interested in learning about Decision Education and how it applies to daily life
- Flexible and willing to adapt to changing conditions and focus
- Comfortable learning new technology, including email/digital software
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Alliance employees receive a comprehensive benefits package (including health and dental insurance completely covered for you and your family, a 401k with up to 5% match, and long term disability insurance), generous paid time off and sick-time policies, a laptop, and other tools and resources to help employees do their best work.